Bussfest will be arranged in Finland this year!
Date: 20–22 July 2018
Location: Hovimäki Camping, Somero, Finland (about 100 km from Helsinki and Turku)
Nordiska Typ 2-klubben (NT2K), i.e., the Nordic Type 2 Club, is an international association for enthusiasts of Volkswagen buses, vans and campers of all ages. The Bussfest is the club’s main show, organised in Sweden since 2002 as well as in other Nordic countries in recent years. People come from various countries, as far as Germany and the Netherlands, to see buddies and meet new ones, to show off and admire buses and to take it easy. The peaceful family event includes activities such as
- Bus Push for teams of adults and kids
- People’s Choice for the best vehicles (T1–T6)
- Quiz walk with questions for kids and adults
- Long table – on Saturday, let’s line up those camping tables and dine together
- While in Finland, the sauna is a must 😉
- Sales of show and club merchandise at the info tent
- Prize ceremony and Annual General Meeting on Sunday
- A cruise to finish off the show, after which it is convenient to head home, continue your holiday or return to camp
NOTE! Bussfest 2018 will take place one week before Finnish Volkswagen Association’s main event, Bug in Finn, which gives our international visitors an excellent opportunity to combine the two shows in one road trip.
Welcome to Bussfest 2018 in Finland – and happy planning!
Pictures and video of VW-Weekend 2017, Hovimäki Camping and cruise:
Update 18 April 2018
Admission per bus, incl. camping with electricity and a goody bag:
* Fri-Sun, NT2K members €50 / non-members €70
* Sat-Sun, NT2K members €25 / non-members €35
Extra nights and cabins to be paid directly to the campsite.
* T-shirt €15
* Beer glass €10
Also available: limited numbers of
* older T-shirts at a bargain price
* cool T1 beer glasses from 2015 and 2016 (10 € each)
Our main partner:
Update 16 May 2018
New partners! Aircooled.fi will bring cool stuff for competition prizes. Our T-shirts, beer glasses and stickers are printed by Påhlsons Daylight.
Update 14 June 2018
It’s about time to present the event’s programme!
More partners who will bring great items for prizes. Paruzzi.se will also set up a table for sales, and VW Camper Cookbook has given us a box full of cookbooks.
Update 19 June 2018
Our latest partner is Hovila Manor which provides us an unbeliavably interesting 1950s/1960s exhibition at the end of the cruise.
Update 28 June 2018
Another partner from Somero, the most unique clothing shop in Finland: the Fashion Boutique Helmi. We’ll get competition prizes and 10% off all purchases – to begin with!
Update 3 July 2018
Guson Däck of Bromma, Sweden, has given us a gift card on tyres that we will use as a prize at the event
Update 10 July 2018
We got a surprise partner from France – SERIAL-Kombi has sent us a package full of goodies and prizes! Merci!
Update 13 July 2018
- At the Bussfest info tent, you can pay with cash in euros (€) as well as credit and debit cards.
- The campsite offers a buffet breakfast on Saturday and Sunday (€7 each); get your tickets the day before at the info tent.
- The campsite also has a fully licensed café-restaurant. There is live music on Friday night, so let’s go and have a good time!
- Somero centre with supermarkets, Alko(hol store), a pharmacy, a cash machine and other shops and services is situated 7 km west of Hovimäki Camping.
- On Saturdays, there is a massive summer market at Somerniemi, about 7 km to the east on the 280, Helsinki way.
- Just a kilometre to the east stands the Somerjoki family’s tiny kiosk, good for a walk and some soft drinks, ice cream or sweets.
- At the event, please join in the activities and competitions – it’s fun and the prizes are great!
- Local weather: http://en.ilmatieteenlaitos.fi/weather/somero
- Don’t forget to bring your swimsuit for the lake!
- Tools, spare parts, extra fuel, towrope and spare wheel – with enough pressure! 🙄
- Fire extinguisher and extension cord/reel for the campsite
- Plenty of time and patience, peace & love ☮️ ❤️
- Good tunes on the radio/stereo